Top 9 Football Betting Sites
Which bookies are the best in the UK for football betting? Here’s our top 9:
- Paddy Power
- William Hill
- LeoVegas Sport
Football Betting Promotions – What’s Available?
All top online bookies offer an array of promotions for existing customers, especially relating to football betting in the form of acca boosts, acca insurance and price boosts to name a few. The best online bookmakers in the UK also offer some great welcome bonuses that can be used to bet on football. Let’s outline some of the best football betting offers around at the moment.
Football Free Bet Clubs
There is a fair few of these around nowadays, but which bookie offers a weekly free bet club? In the UK, you can find the following free bet clubs:
- Paddy Power Free Bet Club
- Betway Free Bet Club
- Unibet Free Bet Club
- LeoVegas Free Bet Club
- Sportingbet Free Bet Club
- MansionBet Free Bet Club
- Boylesports Free Bet Club
There was a William Hill free bet club a while back, a Coral free bet club, a bet365 free bet club as well as a few others, but some have been paused for one reason or another. We’re not sure why exactly but we’re hoping more return in the near future as they’re certainly rising in popularity among UK punters. Let’s expand on a few of the better ones listed above.
Paddy’s Rewards Club
Headed up by Paddy Power ambassador Rhodri Giggs, the brother of Ryan, the Paddy Power football betting promo in terms of a free bet club is a good one. Paddy’s Rewards Club is simple and effective for sports bettors. All you need to do is place five £5 bets at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) in a week. Paddies will then reward you with a £5 free bet. If you bet 5x £10 then you’ll get a £10 free bet. You can repeat this every single week. Other perks you can enjoy as a Paddy’s Reward Club member include:
- Online store discount
- Matchday food and a pint
- Live event tickets
- Match screenings
No Paddy Power bonus code or anything like that is needed, not even an opt-in. You just need to bet the qualifying amount to qualify.
Betway’s Free Bet Club
This is free for all punters as long as you opt-in. There’s no Betway bonus code to enter in order to join, you simply opt-in once you’ve registered. There’s a Betway free bet club image, a promotional banner, on the sportsbook home page. If you click that, you’ll be taken to the page where you can opt-in to the free bet club.
All you need to do is spend £25 or more on trebles and accumulators at combined odds of 2/1 (3.0) or more before midnight on a Friday. If you do that, you’ll be rewarded with a £5 Betway free bet on the Saturday and another £5 free bet on the Monday. So £10 in total. Of course, there are more T&Cs to be aware of, so make sure you check those out on their site, but we’ve covered the significant terms for you.
Again, just like the Paddy Power free bet club, you can repeat this every single week. If you’re going to bet £25 every week on football anyway, why not bet that at an online sportsbook who offers a free bet club?
Unibet In-Play Free Bet Club
This free bet club from Unibet is slightly different from the others in that it’s only available if you’re betting in-play. No Unibet bonus is needed here either. In fact, it doesn’t look like you need a bonus code for any free bet clubs, which is good as it’s one less thing to remember. Simply opt-in once you’ve registered at Unibet. You then need to place five or more in-play bets on football of at least £10. The odds must be evens (2.0) or higher, with each leg in an acca at evens or above if you’re opting for a multiple.
The Unibet football betting in-play promotion runs Monday to Sunday, so you’ll be credited with your £10 in-play free bet on the Monday if you’ve hit the qualifying criteria. If you already love betting live in-play, it’s worth considering doing it at Unibet if you don’t already. A free £10 bet every week as a reward for something you already do. Yes, please.
Accumulator Betting Offers – A Popular Football Betting Bonus
This kind of promo has been around for years. The popular acca insurance is very straightforward to understand, but some bookies will differ slightly in terms of their T&Cs. One bookie my offer acca insurance on five or more legs, whereas another could offer it on seven or more legs. You’d probably take the five leg offer as it looks a better deal. What we’ve also seen in recent times is the acca boost. A bonus percentage on top of any accumulator winnings. Let’s not forget Betfair’s Acca Edge and Ladbrokes’ Edit My Acca. Two unique promos for lovers of multiple football bets.
Acca Insurance – Protect Your Bet
A lot of bookmakers offer acca insurance. But not all of them are as amazing as they seem. You need to have a quick read of their offer to understand if it’s worth going with or not. To pick the best acca insurance, consider the following:
- Choose a bookie who offers four or five minimum picks. If you see bookies offering six or seven, then you’re not getting great value there as the odds on landing, say, six, and missing out on just one are pretty high. The likes of Energybet and Paddy Power offer acca insurance on multiples with just four selections.
- Make sure the minimum odds are appealing. If you’ve got to add selections into your acca at, for example, 2/1 or higher, that’s no good for you as a punter. Especially when you’re building your football accumulator and multiplying those odds. You end up with a pretty unattainable acca.
- Make sure football is included. Most accumulator betting promos do include football bets in their accumulator promotions to be honest but there are the odd few that don’t, so make sure you just triple check that football betting selections are included. Or if, from time to time, you want to deviate away from betting on football, most bookies do include all sports with their acca insurance promos.
- Take Note of the free bet expiry date. This is quite an important one if you only bet once a week or so rather than daily. Some bookmaker free bets are only valid for 48 hours, some for three days, some for seven and some for 30 days. Again, check the T&Cs of the acca insurance promotion to understand the expiry dates on the free bets. If you’re betting once a weekend, you don’t want to use a bookie’s acca insurance if their free bets expire after just three days really.
- Pick a bookie with a healthy max stake refund. This isn’t a major thing to consider in all honesty, but it’s worth noting. From our experience, the lower the odds were in the T&Cs that you had to meet as a minimum, the lower the maximum refund value. With some bookies you might only get your stake back up to £10, whereas others were £25 or even as high as £50.
Top UK bookies that offer acca insurance include:
- Paddy Power
Take a look at them all, read our reviews, and pick the best one that suits you. You won’t go wrong with any of the above sports betting sites, but the T&Cs of one might stand out for you above another.
Acca Boost – Extra Winnings in your Pocket
If you’re looking for good football betting offers, this one sticks out from a lot of other betting promotions. The acca boost. Some bookies work the promo differently, but they’re all the same in the sense that you’ll win more money if your accumulator lands one way or another. For example, William Hill will boost your acca and give you better odds before you place your bet, whereas Coral will add 10% onto your winnings as a free bet. Let’s explain Hills’ unique boost your acca promotion
William Hill Acca Insurance – Boost Your Acca
William Hill have offered a bet boost on accas for a while now and it’s a great promotion. If you’re already with Hills then you’ll know all about it. If not, you simply create and acca with three or more selections. A price boost will then become available on your football acca. You can only get one boost per bet per day, so use it wisely. The maximum stake of your acca is £20 for this promo.
Here’s how to use your William Hill bet boost:
- Add three of more selections to your betslip at any odds
- Add your stake to your betslip
- Hit the bet boost button on your betslip
- Confirm the bet
- That’s it! Your acca has been boosted successfully
With the acca boost promotion, William Hill football betting is definitely worth giving a go if you don’t already use them.
What other acca insurance bonuses are there?
There are a couple of other unique accumulator betting promotions. The first one is Ladbrokes’ Edit My Acca. Ladbrokes allows you to remove selections from your accumulator after you’ve placed your bet and even after the event has begun. All you need to do is place a single line football accumulator that includes just match odds selections. Once placed, you can edit your acca and remove any selections you don’t want in there. The obvious catch here is that your odds will significantly reduce, so only use it if you’re not confident of your selections.
The other unique acca insurance type promotion from one of the best sportsbooks in the UK is Acca Edge from Betfair. Let’s explain this one in more detail.
Betfair Acca Edge – Edge Your Bets
With Betfair’s Acca Edge, you get your stake back as cash on trebles and above if your accumulator loses by just one selection.
How does Acca Edge work?
- Add your football bets to your acca as normal
- Apply Acca Edge to show your new odds (they will be slightly shortened)
- Place your bet with Acca Edge applied
- Get your stake back in cash if one leg lets you down
Don’t make the mistake of thinking your bet is a winner if one leg fails. Many have got excited that the acca has still landed with Acca Edge, but please remember that’s only your stake back in cash if one leg loses, not a winning acca.
We’d highly recommend using Betfair and their Acca Edge product feature if you’re always missing out on a big payout by one selection. It happens to the best of us. A lot.
Football Betting Offers – Stay in Control with Cash Out
Not a football betting bonus or promotion as such, it’s more of a feature. However, it’s extremely popular and being able to cash out your football bet is essential for those who keep tabs on what’s going on live in-play. The best cash out betting sites is simply those who offer the best potential cash out and who offer it on a range of markets rather than a select few.
The top football betting sites tend to offer cash out on the following markets:
- Match Result
- Double Chance
- Correct Score
- Total Goals Over/Under
- Goalscorer Markets
- Asian Handicap
- Match Result and BTTS
- Handicap Result
- Scorecasts and Wincasts
Some bookies offer more, some offer less, but most cover these core football markets. You can cash out pre-match and in-play, but it’s arguably always best to use cash out when betting in-play to try and maximise your profit. If you’re looking for football betting tips, one that we can offer you is to try backing the pre-match favourite in-play if they go a goal behind early. Your cash out will be pretty good if the equalise and you’re looking for a good way to make a profit. Of course, it doesn’t work all the time, that’s obvious. That’d be one of our football betting tips though. A kind of football betting strategy if you like. Just for you. You’re welcome.
bet365 Sports Bonus Code
Our reviewer was offered a decent amount as an Open Account Offer
187 times used
18+. Open Account Offer. Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
New Customers only. Up to £100 in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply.
Significant Terms and Conditions
• Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for a 100% matched amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £100*. Once claimed, your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable.
• To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at €100*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
• PayPal or Paysafecard, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless you have completed Know Your Customer procedures (KYC) and entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC) or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See full Terms and Conditions for details. From 27th April 2020, these verification requirements will also apply to Fast Bank Transfer.
• Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
• Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
• In market/fixture combinations that only have two or three potential outcomes (for example Soccer Full Time Result), where you have placed bets on more than one potential outcome, either pre-match or In-Play, only the outcome with your highest cumulative stake will count.
• Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
• Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
• Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, void bets or bets placed via our Telephone Betting service will not count. Please note, following a period of not less than 30 days from 7th March 2019, In-Play bets which are settled as a push will also not count towards the release of your Bet Credits.
• Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
• Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
*or currency equivalent
T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply.
Football Betting Offers – It Starts with a Welcome Bonus
Some of the best football betting promotions are listed above, but before you even get to those, which are available once you’re registered, there’s the small matter of a football betting sign up bonus. There are some great football betting new customer offers around. Let’s detail a couple of the standout welcome promos that you can enjoy as far as new football betting offers go.
Betfair Football Welcome Bonus – £100 in Free Bets
As a new customer betting on football, sign up with Betfair using promo code ZBBC01. Place five single bets of £10 or more to receive a £20 free bet that can be used on anything you wish. It doesn’t have to be football. Just like all of these bonuses, they don’t have to be used on football. Once you’ve got your first £20 free bet, you can repeat the process a total of five-time to get £100 in free bets in total. Check out our Betfair review to understand the Betfair welcome bonus in a lot more detail.
888Sport Welcome Bonus – Bet 10 Get 30
You need an 888sport promo code for this football welcome bonus too. 30F is the code you need when you deposit. Simply sign up for a new 888Sport account if you don’t have one, deposit a minimum of £10 using the promo code 30F, bet £10 on any market at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or more, and 888Sport will give you £30 in free bets
If you speak to live chat nicely, they might even split the free bets up for you. They’ve been known to do so. So, say you get 1x £30 free bet or 2x £15 free bets, but you want 3x £10 or 6x £5 free bets, have a chat with 888sport customer support and see if they can help you with that.
Unibet Football Betting – A Bet 10 Get 40 Welcome Bonus
This is very similar to the 888Sport welcome promo, but instead of a £30 bonus, you get a £40 bonus. There are some things to consider in the T&Cs that don’t necessarily make this a better betting offer though. For example, £10 of the £40 in free bets is a £10 casino bonus. Not only that, but the minimum odds of the qualifying bet is Evens (2.0), which is higher than the 888Sport bonus offer. Another important bit of info regarding this welcome promo is that one of the free bets is for boxing. It’s not all available for football. 1x £15 free bet on football and 1x £15 free bet on boxing. That’s not to say it’s not a good welcome bonus because it is.
It works in the same way as most bet and get bonuses:
- Sign up for your new Unibet account
- Deposit £10 as a minimum
- No Unibet bonus code is required
- Place a £10+ bet on any market at odds of evens or higher
- Enjoy 2x £15 freebets on boxing and football as well as a £10 casino bonus
Betting App Promotions – Enjoy Everything on Your Mobile
In this day and age, everyone’s betting on the go. Whether it’s betting on mobile or betting on a tablet device, it’s becoming the norm to bet on football or any other sport from the comfort of your own home or on your train commute to or from work. Or in the pub. That too.
On all football betting apps we’ve come across, you can make use of all of the football betting bonus offers on desktop and mobile, there doesn’t seem to be any desktop specific betting promotions around. However, there are some mobile specific promotions around.
LeoVegas Sport – Double Winnings on Your Mobile
Another bookie who focuses on mobile betting. LeoVegas is primarily an online casino but they have a sportsbook and have invested a lot into that side of things in recent times. The LeoVegas Sport bonus is in fact a mobile-only bonus.
Make sure you download the LeoVegas Sport app for this one or use their mobile site. All you need to do is register on mobile or desktop initially and deposit at least £10. You then need to use your mobile device to claim the 1x 100% mobile in-play profit boost that will be sitting in your account ready for you.
This isn’t just a football betting offer, you can use this on any sport, but note that the promo is an in-play promo only. You can’t bet pre-event.
The way it works is that the profit boost is worked out on the odds of your qualifying bet. So, say the odds you’ve taken are 2/1 (3.0) and you benefit from the 100% boost. You will receive odds of 4/1 (5.0). The max winnings from this are £100, which is pretty good as a mobile betting offer. Check out our LeoVegas Sport review for more details on this welcome bonus offer and all of the other bonuses they offer that you can take advantage of.
LeoVegas Sports Bonus Code
18+. New UK customers only. One 100% Mobile In-Play Profit Boost available per customer. Minimum deposit is £10 and must be cliamed in 'my offers'. The 100% Mobile In-Play Profit Boost is for valid for 30 days after you have signed up. Your qualifying bet must be used in-play only The maximum Stake is £10. The bet amount must be placed in one instance. Each way and multiples are excluded from this welcome offer. Mobile bets only - this is not available on desktop. The maximum extra winnings are capped at £100. Deposits made via Skrill or Neteller are not eligible for this bonus offer. Profit boost winnings are calculated on the odds quoted in the betslip. If the original odds are 2/1 (3.0) and you have a 100% Boost, you will receive odds of 4/1 (5.0). Bets made void do not qualify for your first bet. If your first bet is a non-runner and/or void, you will not be eligible for the offer. Cashed In bets do not qualify. Extra Profit Boost winnings will be paid as cash. Full T&C’s apply.
18 times used
18+ New UK customers only. One 100% Mobile In-Play Profit Boost available per customer. Minimum deposit is £10. The 100% Profit Boost is for valid for 30 days after you have signed up. Your qualifying bet must be used in-play only. The maximum Stake is £10. The bet amount must be placed in one instance. Each way and multiples are excluded from this welcome offer. Mobile bets only - this is not available on desktop. The maximum extra winnings are capped at £100. Deposits made via Skrill or Neteller are not eligible for the New Player Sports Bonus Offer. Profit boost winnings are calculated on the odds quoted in the betslip. If the original odds are 2/1 (3.0) and you have a 100% Boost, you will receive odds of 4/1 (5.0). Bets made void do not qualify for your first bet. If your first bet is a non-runner and/or void, you will not be eligible for the offer. Cashed In bets do not qualify. Extra Profit Boost winnings will be paid as cash. Full T&C’s apply - Gamble Responsibly - begambleaware.org.
- New UK customers only.
- One 100% Mobile In-Play Profit Boost available per customer.
- Minimum deposit is £10.
- The 100% Profit Boost is for valid for 30 days after you have signed up.
- Your qualifying bet must be used in-play only.
- The maximum Stake is £10.
- The bet amount must be placed in one instance.
- Each way and multiples are excluded from this welcome offer.
- Mobile bets only – this is not available on desktop.
- The maximum extra winnings are capped at £100.
- Deposits made via Skrill or Neteller are not eligible for the New Player Sports Bonus Offer.
- Profit boost winnings are calculated on the odds quoted in the betslip. If the original odds are 2/1 (3.0) and you have a 100% Boost, you will receive odds of 4/1 (5.0).
- Bets made void do not qualify for your first bet. If your first bet is a non-runner and/or void, you will not be eligible for the offer.
- Cashed In bets do not qualify.
- Extra Profit Boost winnings will be paid as cash.
- Full T&C’s apply – Gamble Responsibly – begambleaware.org.
New Customers | Double Winnings
Bet Min £10 | Receive 100% Mobile In-Play Profit Boost up to £100 | Full T&Cs
Event Specific Football Betting Offers – Take Your Pick
What’s great about all of the football betting offers listed above is that they’re not all tied to one specific event. You can use them all on whatever betting event you want. European Championship betting, Premier League betting, you name it, you can use the above football promotions on them.
But from time to time, there are some event specific betting promotions. Enhanced odds for specific matches at big tournaments or even just big games in certain leagues, and price boosts on specific football matches in specific leagues or competitions. Champions League betting offers being a prime example. There are always some great promotions from bookies around any big Champions League matches.
Free Football Bets – What You Need to Know
When you finally get that football betting offer from a UK bookie, there are a few things to always bear in mind with every single promo and free bet. Please always remember the following:
- Check the minimum odds of the qualifying bet.
- Make a mental note of when the free bets expire so you can use them in time.
- Free bet stakes are not included in any winning returns.
- Sometimes there will be wagering requirements on a free bet.
- A sports free bet will only ever be available on the sportsbook. Don’t expect to use it at betting site’s online casino. Apart from Unibet’s welcome bonus offer, but that’s clearly outlined.
- Check the bet type restrictions. Not all qualifying bets will accept, say, horse racing bets, so if you’re doing a football acca and want to add a horse selection in, check the T&Cs first.
Whether it’s an event-specific football betting offer that you take advantage of, a free bet promotion, an accumulator bonus, a money-back special, acca insurance, or just some enhanced odds betting promotion as a new or existing customer, pick the best ones for you and choose as many as you are able to get. If you’re betting on football regularly anyway, why not get some football betting offers for your trouble along the way? Good luck with your bets.
Football Betting Offers FAQs
It depends on what promotions you’re looking for specifically, but, in general, the top nine sports betting sites we’ve listed in this review will not let you down in terms of offering you some great promotions for betting on football.
There are many bookmakers that offer acca insurance. New bookies and the older well-established ones. Not as many as there used to be a few years ago, but more than enough for UK punters. Some of the best sports betting sites that offer acca insurance include:
- Paddy Power
It depends on what league or tournament you want to bet on. Betfair claims that it has the best odds on Premier League football, so if you’re betting on that, bet with Betfair. Other bookies offer better odds in other leagues, so it’s worth doing a bit of research. However, arguably the best football bookmakers in terms of best odds are:
There are plenty of free bet clubs for punters to opt-in to and enjoy. Some of the best free bet clubs around include those offered by the following bookmakers:
- Paddy Power