Bonus-Codes – Responsible Gambling
Here at Bonus Codes we objectively review the best betting and casino bonus codes available to UK customers and we take our responsibility of objectivity and transparency seriously. We understand that we’re helping you make important decisions about where to bet.
However, we also understand our responsibilities around our users’ safety and social wellbeing. We believe in ensuring you’re aware of the responsible gambling measures that can be available to you if you feel your gambling has ever got out of control in any way.
It’s also important to us that everyone who reads content on our site understands that online betting and gambling is an 18+ activity.
Safer Gambling Week
Safer Gambling Week runs for a week in November, but this is something we’re committed to year-round. This cross-industry campaign promotes safer gambling in the UK and Ireland and it’s something we and our partners take extremely seriously.
The website has plenty of information if you’re looking for advice or guidance about how to keep gaming fun and stay in control at all times.
Betting Site and Casino Responsible Gambling Measures
You will see at every UK licensed online betting and casino site that they have their own responsible gambling pages, dedicated to the services they offer to help you, and the organisations that can help you too.
Some of the useful measures that they will often offer are listed below and can be easily implemented from the individual betting site – they take this extremely seriously:
- Deposit Limits – limit how much you can deposit per day/week/month
- Time Outs – ‘cool down’ by timing out for a set period of time
- Self-Exclusion – ask to self-exclude and your account will not be accessible for the set time
- Reality Checks – set these and you will get reminders of how much you’ve bet over a set time
- KYC Communication – betting sites pro-actively check that you’re in control
- Regular responsible gambling adverts – details information of how to get help
Organisations that can help
There are numerous organisations set up within the UK that can help you, should you believe you have a problem with your gambling. Below you will find links to a good number of these organisations – all of which are also accessible from betting and casino operators directly.
Each of these organisations has different ways of helping and should be the first stop for you. For example, GamStop allows you to self-exclude from a high number of online betting sites all in one simple step, rather than self-excluding from each one.
Ask Yourself These Questions
Finally, if you feel you may have a problem with your gambling, please ask yourself the following questions and act accordingly:
- Rather than spending time with your family and friends do you prefer to be gambling?
- Would you steal, lie or sell valuable assets in order to facilitate gambling?
- Has your gambling ever seen you miss work or school?
- Do you find that gambling is a release from a boring or unhappy life?
- Have you ever lost all of your money through gambling? Have you been unable to afford food or transportation home?
- Do you lie about your gambling?
- Do you hide the amount of time or money spent gambling?
- Have you ever been told that you’re gambling too much?
- Do you feel depressed when you lose your money through gambling? Is the only relief to gamble more?
- Do you feel that you have to chase after all of your losses right away when you happen to incur a loss due to gambling, by gambling more?
- Do you gamble more in response to arguments/frustrations/disappointments?
- Does gambling make you depressed or suicidal?
The more positive answers you gave to the above questions, the more serious gambling problem you may have. If you think you have a gambling problem contact the GamCare confidential helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit GamCare. Alternatively, contact any of the organisations listed above, or speak to someone you can confide in.