What are Free Spins Bonus Codes?
Free spins bonus codes are sometimes attached to a promo that the online casino is running. You normally need to enter it when registering or depositing in order to opt into the offer. Not all bonuses have promo codes attached, so it’s worth checking the T&Cs of each offer before signing up or depositing as you may miss out if there is a free spins bonus code, but you’ve forgotten to add it!
Free spins are often offered as part of a matched deposit welcome bonus, but they can sometimes come separately to any other bonus. Not only that, with free spins bonus codes you’re more than likely going to be restricted to selected games. It’s very rare to see a free spins welcome bonus offered on all slots, however, the selected games are often unique for each casino, which is great news if you want to play a number of different slots at different online casinos.
Deposit Free Spins Bonus Codes and No Deposit Free Spins Bonus Codes – What’s the Difference?
There’s a slight difference that’s very important to understand. No deposit free spins bonus codes are often handed out to new customers to entice them in and get them playing at an online casino without initially having to deposit any of their own money.
Please note, however, that you’ll need to deposit funds if you win from the free spins. Why? It’s a security measure and you must deposit before you can withdraw any bonus winnings. Furthermore, there’s usually a maximum win limit, so don’t get too excited about winning hundreds of pounds from your no deposit free spins bonus.
Deposit free spins bonus codes are usually available with no limits on the amount you can win. The wagering requirements on these will also be a lot lower. There may not be any wagering requirements at all, which is music to everyone’s ears.
Essentially, the higher the number of free spins awarded to you, the higher the wagering requirements are. That’s the general rule. There are some online casinos that actually offer more free spins based on the amount you deposit. As an example, if you deposit £10 you might get 20 free spins. However, deposit £50 and you might get 100! Gain, it’s worth checking the terms of the free spins bonus to understand what you’ll be getting.
Genting Casino Bonus Code
£200 + 20 FS
Deposit a Min of £20 | Get Deposit Matched at 100% up to £200 | Full T&Cs Apply
ends 27.11.2018 |
8 times used
18+ New Customers | Min Deposit £20 | 50x Wagering Requirement | Max Bonus Bet £5 | 30 Days WR Expiry | Max Withdrawal from Free Spins £200 | Full T&Cs Apply | begambleaware.org
- Available to new sign-ups only
- Minimum deposit of £20 required to qualify
- 50x wagering requirement
- Maximum single wager bonus bet of £5 per betting round, spin or hand
- Wagering requirements must be meet within 30 days of claiming the bonus
- Free spins must be wagered at least 1 time within 7 days of accepting the bonus
- The maximum withdrawal from free spins winnings is £200
- Welcome promotion is valid until 27/11/2018
- Full T&C’s apply – Gamble Responsibly – begambleaware.org.
New Customer | Matched Deposit
100% Matched Deposit up to £200 + 20 Free Spins
Free Spins Bonus Codes – Wagering Requirements
To get punters through the doors if you will, online casinos are offering free spins with no wagering requirements. A fair few no deposit free spins come without a bonus code these days, but make sure you check to see if there is a free spins promo code, as you’ll have to enter it as a way of opting into the offer.
It’s a little cheeky of online casinos to advertise the free spins as wager free. Why? Well, because it’s not strictly true. This is because you will still have to wager the winnings gained from the free spins. 30x or 40x, it will have to be turned over a certain amount before you can withdraw any winnings.
Let’s use an example. If you’ve claimed 50 free spins on a selected game such as Starburst or the Book of Dead, you must use your free spins on that specified game only. Let’s assume you need to play through the winnings 40x. What you win from the 50 free spins is added to your balance. You then need to turn over those bonus winnings 40x in order to withdraw any real money back to your card or e-wallet such as PayPal. There are plenty of PayPal betting sites about, which is great as this is a very popular payment method for players.
Types of Free Spins Bonus Codes
There’s only really one type of free spins bonus code. That is a unique code online casinos have attached to a certain free spins offer that they’re running. It’s not a code as such, but you may alternatively have to opt-in instead of physically type a code into a box upon registration at a new online casino.
There are, however, a few different types of free spins that will have their own unique free spins bonus code as part of the offer. Let’s break them down for you.
- Deposit Free Spins – These require players to make an initial deposit. There’s usually a minimum qualifying amount of £10 or more. Some online casinos will tier this free spins bonus too. The more you deposit the more free spins you are awarded. Sometimes, not always, there is a free spins bonus code to enter.
- No Deposit Free Spins – The opposite of the above bonus. No deposit free spins are normally offered to new customers as a welcome bonus or loyal players. You’ll also find that a no deposit free spins bonus code is required more often than not.
- Super Spins – Some of the best online casinos in the UK offer super spins. These are essentially free spins with a larger bet size per spin. What does that mean? A bigger chance to win a larger sum of money. Again, a super spins bonus code might be required. Online casino Lucky Louis is an example of an operator offering super spins.
- Mega Spins – You will know about these if you’re a VIP at any online casino. These free spins are usually for VIPs. They’re pretty much the same as super spins, but the bet size is larger and there may be less wagering requirements.
Free Spins Bonus Codes – The Key Terms to Understand
If you’ve got a free spins bonus code to enter, make sure you do! If you fail to enter the promo code when prompted, you won’t get the free spins offer. However, if that ever happens to you, get onto the guys on live chat or customer support via email. Explain the situation and they should get the bonus added for you. We’ve mentioned this scenario in a few of our sports betting reviews and casino reviews. The outcome has always been positive, and we’ve not once missed out on a bonus by forgetting to add a bonus code.
Once you’ve sorted out the bonus code, you need to understand the other key terms of the promotion. Let’s give you a few of the top T&Cs to look out for.
Enter Promo Code XXXX
You might see this in the T&Cs, you might not. If you come across a free spins bonus code in any of the promos you’re looking at, make sure you enter it when registering or depositing. Make sure you enter it correctly too.
Free Spins on Selected Games
It’s often forgotten about, especially by those who fail to read the terms properly. Ok, so you’re excited to play the video slot Immortal Romance, so you sign up and go to use your free spins. They’re not there. Why? The T&Cs clearly state that the free spins bonus code can only be used on Starburst. Disaster. NetEnt has a lot of deals in place with online casinos when it comes to welcome bonuses and free spins. If they’ve released a new game recently, expect it to be part of the free spins offer at your chosen online casino.
Free Spins with Wagering Requirements
As it says on the tin; you get given some free spins but there are wagering requirements attached to the offer. Typically, you’ll be required to wager 30x or more the bonus winnings from your free spins. You may also need to wager your deposited amount too.
Free Spins with No Wagering Requirements
These are rare, but they do exist. If you’re lucky enough to locate a free spins bonus code with no wagering requirements, kudos to you. They’re changing all the time but have a look at the free spins bonuses on this page to see if there are any floating about to take advantage of. Although there may not be any wagering requirements attached to the bonus winnings, you’ll probably still be required to play through the deposited amount a number of times.
Winnings from Free Spins as a Generic Bonus
This is common practice in all honesty. A lot of casinos adopt this way of doing things. Once you’ve completed your free spins, you’ll have some winnings hopefully. This amount is then converted into a bonus and held in a separate bonus wallet until you’ve adhered to the rest of the T&Cs outlined in the free spins offer. Once you’ve wagered it enough times and you still have winnings left, you’ll then be able to withdraw your winnings as cold, hard cash.
Maximum Winnings from Free Spins
This applies mainly to the no deposit free spins bonuses. The online casino’s given you a bonus, but they don’t want you to win jackpots straight away or anything like that, so they add maximum win limits to your bonus. Sometimes it’s £20, sometimes it’s £200. Each online casino is different.
Expiration Timeframe of Free Spins
Make sure you pay attention to this. You’ll have an expiry date of, usually, 7, 10 or 14 days to use your free spins. If you don’t use them, they’ll disappear.
Are You Eligible?
Some offers are country-specific, so make sure you live in a country where the offer is valid. You may see the offer if you’re in a country that’s not eligible, but if the online casino has found you to be claiming an offer you’re not allowed to, they’ll take away any winnings you’ve made from that promo. In the T&Cs, the country eligibility is usually detailed at the start of the key terms, just before they listed any free spins bonus code that might be needed.
LuckyLouis Bonus Code
50 Cash Spins
Deposit Min £10 | Receive up to 50 Free Cash Spins | Full T&Cs
153 times used
18+. New customers only. Deposit a minimum of £10. One free super spin for every £1 deposited. Free super spins available on Rainbow Ryan. Spin value is £0.50. Maximum free spins given is 50. Wagering requirement is 60x the free spins winnings amount. You must hit the wagering requirements within 30 days. Maximum bet is 10% (min £0.10) of the free spin winnings amount or £5 (lowest amount applies). Free spins must be used before deposited funds. Full T&C’s apply - Gamble Responsibly - begambleaware.org.
- New customers only.
- Deposit a minimum of £10.
- One free super spin for every £1 deposited.
- Free super spins available on Rainbow Ryan.
- Spin value is £0.50.
- Maximum free spins given is 50.
- Wagering requirement is 60x the free spins winnings amount.
- You must hit the wagering requirements within 30 days.
- Maximum bet is 10% (min £0.10) of the free spin winnings amount or £5 (lowest amount applies).
- Free spins must be used before deposited funds.
- Full T&C’s apply – Gamble Responsibly – begambleaware.org.
New Customers | Deposit and Get
Deposit a minimum of £10, Get up to 50 free cash spins to use on Rainbow Ryan
Free Spins Bonus Codes – Know What You’re Signing Up For
We hope you’ve read and understood everything we’ve talked about in this free spins bonus codes review. If you have, you’ll have no issues in the future. If you haven’t, why not? On a serious note, just to reiterate, always check the T&Cs of every welcome bonus and existing customer promo. Whether it’s a free spins bonus or not, check, check, and check again.
Free Spins bonus codes are a great way to play a new game and decide whether you enjoy it or not. Or a great way to win some free money if you want to look at it that way. There have been times where some online casinos offer free spins on progressive jackpots such as Mega Moolah, but it’s a rare find.
Keep an eye out for any new free spins bonus codes. We’ll list them all here, so check back regularly, both no deposit bonus codes and deposit bonus codes regarding free spins. Snap them up, try new games, and most of all, enjoy your experience. Betting should be a fun experience, so good luck with whatever online casino you choose to use.
Mr Green Bonus Code
£100 + 200 Free Spins
Deposit Minimum £20 | Receive 100% Matched Deposit Bonus up to £100 | Wager Min £20 and Trigger First 100 Free Spins Followed by Further 100 | Full T&Cs Apply
6 times used
New Customers Only | Min Deposit £20 | 35x Wagering for Bonus Cash and Free Spin Winnings | Game Restrictions Apply | Bonus Spins Valid 7 Days | Full T&Cs Apply | begambleaware.org
- Only New players are eligible for the Casino Deposit Bonus
- Deposit of at least £20 required to activate the bonus
- The deposit bonus money must be wagered a total of x35 on slots before it can be withdrawn
- Bonus spins are available for the following games: Starburst, Asgardian Stones, Gonzo’s Quest, Finn, and the Swirly Spin, Aloha and Fruit Spin.
- Bonus spins winnings are bonus cash and must be wagered a total of x35 on slots in the casino
- Bonus spins are valid for 7 days from the moment they’re credited to your account
- Full T&C’s apply – Gamble Responsibly – begambleaware.org.
New Customers | Matched Deposit
100% Matched Deposit Bonus up to £100 + 200 Spins